- African-Americans watch considerably more TV than other demographic groups
- Asian-Americans watch noticeably less TV, but use online video the most
- Hispanics lead in smartphone penetration (53%), followed by Asian-Americans (48%)
- While only 39% of African-Americans have smartphones, they lead in terms of time spent watching videos on their smartphones (averaging 6.5 hours a month)
- Whites tended to fall in the middle of the various measures, although that demographic averaged the lowest smartphone penetration and using smartphones for watching video.
For more demographic breakdowns of online video, see yesterday's post on the new Pew study.
Source: "Nielsen: African-Americans Watch Most TV, Asians Favor Net Video", MediaDailyNews