As for the infographic, here's some of the highlights:
- People are 10 times more likely to use social media for breaking sports news than sports radio
- 81% of sports fans prefer the Internet as their source for sports news
- Sports fans will use social media for sports info at work (86%), at parties (74%), at meals (69%), and in the bathroom (58%). Not even church services are sacrosanct (9%).
- Sports fans go social at games (63%), while watching (83%) or listening (30%) to a game, and during pre- and post-game coverage (61%)
- There's not a lot of strong opinions yet about getting promotional or advertising messages from athletes among your sports feed. (9% Love it, 8% Hate it)