- This year, 94% of their large tracking sample are "connected." Less than 10% of US TVHH only watch TV on home TV sets.
- Delayed viewing is accounting for large and growing portion of viewing and ratings - not just for the big prime time series but in all day parts.
- Streaming, VOD, and mobile are all seeing big increases in TV viewing.
- Non-live viewing not only large share of total viewing, but showing some differentiable habits developing.
- Broadcasters, advertisers, ratings services are trying to develop better metrics.
- Streaming-only big series draw audiences similar to big pay-TV series, prime time broadcast series.
- Second screen usage up to 67% for some demographics
- Email, texting, and chatting is most frequent activity. Gaming is second (20% of USTVHH is playing Candy Crash while watching TV.
Basically, the audiences are becoming more active, and programmers and networks are trying to figure out how to reach them.