- TV still dominates in terms of time used
- Among US TVHH, 86% have DVD player, 75% have HD sets, 56% have game cousoles, 52% have digital cable (33% have DBS (sat), 47% have DVR
- 76% are active Internet users
- Only 4% have a smart TV connected to the Internet, but 56% watch online videos
- 56% of mobile subscribers have smartphones
- 17% of "connected" users have an eBook reader
- 16% of TVHH have tablets
- 20% of the time people spend using computers is on social media/blogs - the next highest usage category is online games, at 8%, followed by email, at 7%.
- Mobile device users spend the most time texting (14%) and on social networks (10%). Almost half (46%) of consumers use mobile devices to access social media.
- YouTube continues to dominate online video, with 136 million unique users in the U.S. - while Yahoo! and Vevo have just under 38 million unique users.
Source - Nielsen U.S. Consumer Usage Report, Nielsen (may require registration)