- Disney continued its reign of top earner, reporting revenues of $11.57 billion for the quarter, up 7% from the previous year, with a net income of $1.54 billion (up 11%)
- 21st Century Fox moved into second on the revenues list as revenues rose nearly 18%, even though its net income dropped by 44%. (The 2012 numbers had included Newscorp, which has since split off into a separate company
- Completing the top 5 in revenues and income were TimeWarner, Viacom, and CBS (in that order)
- Newscorp retained a top 10 spot in revenues, despite nearly a 3% revenue decline
- Discovery Communications saw revenues gain over 27%
Source - Disney still No. 1 among media earners but 21st Century Fox making gains, SNL Data Dispatch report.