Monday, February 14, 2011

Verizon iPhone: Sizzle or Fizzle?

The Verizon iPhone is one of the hottest tech deals of the year so far because it has been speculated about for years. Now that it has happened did the deal fall flat on the hype? I talked to several of my friends on facebook and only one person has bought an iPhone so far that has Verizon. The speculation points in the article on why deal hasn't been as big of a deal is good, but I think there could be another reason. The android phones have been very popular with Verizon customers. I would estimate that 50% of my friends that have Verizon own an android powered device. I think the popularity with these phones may have halted the iPhone success, for now. But as the author points out, when AT&T contracts are up and Verizon gives better deals and contracts for the iPhone, then we could see the tide turn.

Andrew Starnes.
Source: "Did the Verizon iPhone Fizzle?"  InformationWeek

No comments:

Post a Comment